Exercises For Buttocks And Thighs
Lower body fat can always be irritating and embarrassing for everyone, especially women. This is because it stops you from wearing your favorite dresses, while also making your look obese. Moreover, the fat around the butt and thighs is very difficult to get rid of. Although, your diet can always help in maintaining proper weight, yet physical workouts are also very important. There are several home exercises targeted at fat elimination from your lower body. To help you better, here are the 10 most effective exercises for buttocks and thighs at home.
The best exercise for buttocks and thighs
Mountain climbers exercise
Mountain Climbers is one of the most effective workouts for toning and strengthening of your entire body. This amazing exercise targets your shoulders, abs, quadriceps, chest, arms, hamstring muscles, and gluteal muscles.
- To do mountain climbers, you need to get down into an extended arms plank position. This means that your back, neck, hips, and legs should be in a straight line.
- After that, you need to hop your right knee towards your chest and then, go back to the initial position.
- Then, you need to do the same steps with the left knee.
- Keep repeating these steps 15-30 times with each leg for every set.
Curtsy lunges are a really helpful exercise to lose excess fat from your thighs and butt. This exercise aims at strengthening & toning of your hips, thighs, gluteal muscles, hamstring muscles, calf muscles, back, and quadriceps. Apart from this, it helps to improve body posture and balance.
- To do curtsy lunges, stand straight with both your feet apart at a hip-width distance.
- Now, lift your right foot and extend it back towards your left side. While doing so, bend your left knee & keep your back straight.
- After that, return to the initial position and repeat the same steps by switching legs.
4. Do these steps 15-20 times with each leg per set.
Dumbbell front squat
Dumbbell squats are a great exercise that helps in strengthening and toning of the lower body. It is a very effective & intense variation of standard squats. The targeted muscles of this exercise include quadriceps, gluteal muscles, hips, thighs, and hamstring muscles. Moreover, it helps in building core strength too.
- To do dumbbell squats, you will need to hold two equal weight dumbbells on your sides in each hand.
- Then, you need to squat down by bending your knees and extending your butt backward. Make sure to keep your back and arms completely straight. Also, prevent your knees from extending beyond your toes.
- After that, hold the position for a second and return to the initial position.
- Repeat these steps 15-20 times for every set.
Box Jumps are a very effective exercise to remove excess fat from your lower body, especially thighs and buttocks. This exercise can be easily done on a sturdy wooden box. The key target areas of this exercise include core, hamstring muscles, gluteal muscles, quadriceps, and calves.
- To do box jumps, you need to stand in front of a 1-foot high sturdy box made of wood.
- After that, you need to bend your knees and get into a half-squat position. Make sure to keep your back completely straight.
- Now, you need to jump into the air and get on the top of the step or box.
- Then, jump back to the initial position and repeat the same steps 15-20 times per set.
Single-Leg Dead Lifts
Single leg deadlifts are one of the best workouts to build and tone your lower body. It targets your hamstring muscles, gluteal muscles, butt, hips, and core area. Moreover, it also helps to improve body posture and balance.
- To do single-leg deadlifts, you need to stand straight with both feet shoulder-width apart.
- Then, slowly lift your right leg backward and raise it to your waist height. While doing so, bend your upper body forward to form a nearly straight line with your upper body, waist, and back.
- After that, return to the initial position and do the same steps with your left leg.
- Repeat these steps 15-20 times with each leg per set.
Glute Bridge Exercise
Glute Bridge is a very helpful exercise for toning and strengthening of your lower body. There are several variations of this exercise available for you to do. Glute stretch exercise
- To do a glute bridge, you need to lie down on the floor on your back, with your knees bent.
- After that, grip your feet from the ankles & lift your waist to form a bridge.
- Hold this position for 30-60 seconds and return to the initial position.
- Repeat these steps 2-3 times daily.
Side steps are an incredible exercise to tone your entire lower body. The main targeted muscles of this exercise include quadriceps, hamstring muscles, gluteal muscles, and calf muscles. Furthermore, it also helps to improve body balance and coordination. It even helps to lose weight by burning calories.
- To do side steps, stand straight with your feet distanced 5-6 inches apart.
- After that, you need to lift your right foot and jump to the right side. Make sure that you land on your right foot only.
- Immediately after that, jump back to the initial position with the left foot and balance your body on the left leg.
- Keep doing these steps continuously for 15-20 times on each leg per set.
Dumbbell sumo squat
Dumbbell sumo squats are a more effective variation of the standard squat workout. The key target areas of sumo squats include gluteal muscles, quadriceps, hamstrings, hip flexors, and calf muscles. Thus, this exercise works on the toning and strengthening of your lower body, especially thighs and buttocks. You can even add weight to make sumo squats more beneficial.
- To do sumo squats, you need to stand straight with feet distanced at a hip-width.
- After that, you need to turn your toes away from each other by rotating your feet.
- When your toes can’t be turned away anymore, bend your knees, and extend your butt to get into the squat position. Also, make sure to keep your back completely straight while doing so.
- Do 20-30 squats without moving your feet and do 2-3 sets of this exercise daily.
Hip thrust bench
The hip thrust is one of the most recommended workouts to get rid of excess fat from thighs and buttocks. The main target areas of this exercise include hips, gluteal muscles, quadriceps, and hamstring muscles. You can even add weight to this exercise and improve its intensity.
- To do hip thrusts, you will need a knee-height sturdy table or bench.
- Now you need to bend your knees and place your upper back (shoulder area) on the bench. Make sure that your facing is towards the ceiling and your back is straight.
- After that, lower down your hips in the downwards direction without letting your back move. You can also keep a weighted rod on your core area for more intensity.
- Then, lift your hips again into the initial position and keep repeating the same steps.
- Do 15-30 repetitions per set.
Jumping Jacks Exercise
Jumping jacks is another incredible full-body workout, which helps to get rid of extra fat from thighs and buttocks. The key target areas of this exercise include lats, shoulders, quadriceps, gluteal muscles, calf muscles, hamstring muscles, and biceps. Moreover, you don’t even need any equipment for this amazing exercise.
- To do jumping squats, stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart. Extend your arms straight to form a straight line with your shoulders.
- Now you need to jump in the air and land with your both feet wide apart from each other. At the same time, clap both your hands above your head.
- Jump again to return to the initial position and continuously do the same steps again.
- Do 15-30 repetitions of jumping jacks per set.
That’s all folks!
So these were the 10 most effective exercises for buttocks and thighs at home. By doing these exercises regularly, you can easily have a toned lower body in 2-3 months. For better results, combine these workouts with a healthy diet plan.
Great content, thanks for share
Thanks, Arif 🙂