A perfectly-shaped fit body is one of the biggest desires of everyone around the world. But, obesity or fatness has become a global epidemic in recent years. There can be many reasons behind an increase in weight. It can be due to pregnancy, sedentary lifestyle, poor eating habits, underlying health disorders, and many more reasons. However, getting back into shape is not impossible but you need to take proper care of your diet along with regular exercise.
When trying to get back into shape, one of the most annoying things is to get rid of stubborn belly fat. There are many things that you must include or avoid in your daily routine to eliminate tummy fat. To help you in a better way, here are the top 10 DOs and Don’ts to lose stubborn belly fat easily & faster.
- Eat fresh vegetables – Vegetables, especially the leafy greens, are an amazing source of vitamins, dietary fibers, minerals, folic acid, healthy fats, and calories. Moreover, including veggies in your meals also help in losing weight, especially the stubborn tummy fat. Some of the vegetables you should eat regularly include cucumber, spinach, mushroom, and broccoli, etc.
- Eat citrus fruits – Many medical studies have shown that citrus fruits are very helpful in weight loss. Also, citrus fruits are rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, fiber, and folic acid, etc. Therefore, you need to include fruits like grapefruit, orange, and lemon, etc.
- Consume berries – Various berries like strawberry, blueberry, blackberry, and raspberry are an excellent choice to boost your weight loss plan. All these berries are rich in antioxidants, fibers, vitamins, and minerals. These help in boosting the metabolism to speed up the fat-burning process.
- High protein diet – A protein-rich diet doesn’t only help in reducing weight, but also provides you with energy for the whole day. Also, proteins help in boosting metabolism and keep the junk food cravings away. You can include various protein-rich foods in your diet like eggs, fish, lean meats, almonds, etc.
- Eat salmon – Salmon is the most nutritious food item in the world. It is rich in vitamins, omega-3s, proteins, minerals, and antioxidants. Salmon is a proven booster for weight loss while protecting a person from various diseases. You need to include salmon in your diet plan to get rid of belly fat fast.
- Eat lean meats – Lean meats are known to offer great amounts of proteins, vitamins, minerals, healthy fats, and low calories. Thus, these are very good for the metabolic system and body energy. Boosted metabolism is really helpful in the elimination of the stubborn belly fat. This is why you need to include skinless pork, turkey, chicken, and red meat in your diet.
- Running – Running is one of the most effective ways to get rid of fat from the whole body. Running helps in improving the digestion process while burning the excess fat through sweating. You should run daily in open ground or on a treadmill in a gymnasium.
- Exercises – There are various exercises that are targeted to get rid of the stubborn belly fat. You can do these exercises at home without equipment or at a gym with equipment. Some of the best exercises for belly fat include crunches, plank, twist crunches, sit-ups, bicycle crunches, and burpees, etc.
- Brisk walking – Brisk Walking is a very good exercise to lose belly fat easily. It also helps in building leg muscles while improving your stamina. Make sure not to confuse brisk walking with jogging, as both are different. Do brisk walking daily once or twice to get good results quickly.
- Cycling – Cycling is a great way to build stam ina, lose body fat, and stay fit & healthy. Outdoor cycling is much more effective than indoor cycling in a gym or home. Make a habit to go for cycling every morning and avoid taking motorized vehicles for small distances. You can also create distance goals for every day to get faster results.
- Avoid processed foods – Many medical studies have shown that processed foods can easily result in quick weight gain. Processed foods are rich in unhealthy fats, carbohydrates, artificial sweeteners, preservatives, and high calories. Moreover, the nutrition value of these foods is very low, which is why they cause weight gain. Thus, you need to avoid processed foods like cheese, snacks, cake, processed meats, and ready-to-cook meals.
- Avoid junk foods – Junk Foods are one of the biggest reasons for obesity becoming an epidemic. These foods are tastier and easily available to everyone, but no one realizes the harm they cause. If you want to get rid of the stubborn belly fat, then you need to avoid burgers, pizzas, noodles, processed meats, etc.
- Avoid sedentary lifestyle – Another huge reason behind the widespread obesity is a sedentary lifestyle. This is basically due to two main reasons i.e. sitting jobs and poor-eating habits. Make sure to perform physical activities on a daily basis like exercise, dance, cycling, etc.
- Limit Sugar Intake – Sugary foods lead to fat accumulation in the body, especially around the belly. This is why you need to avoid or limit your sugar intake to get rid of the tummy fat. Also, avoid artificially sweetened drinks and food items by replacing them with naturally sweetened fruits.
- Limit salt intake – Just like sugar, Salt also contributes greatly towards fat buildup around the whole body, including tummy. This is why you need to avoid or limit your salt intake to lose weight quickly. Also, over-consumption of salts can lead to high cholesterol and heart disorders.
- Avoid alcohol – Many medical studies have shown that alcohol over-consumption can easily lead to fat accumulation, especially around the belly. There are many reasons behind this like lazy body and over-eating habits due to alcohol intake. Thus, you need to avoid alcohol if you want to lose weight.
- Avoid trans fats – Trans Fats have been medically proven to cause obesity and many other health issues. Thus, you need to exclude trans fats from your diet plan to lose belly fat quickly. Some examples include spreads, fast-food, snacks, and packed foods.
- Avoid carbohydrates – Carbohydrates are known to boost your appetite and cause weight gain. Cutting down carbohydrates from your diet plan will help in decreasing your appetite and boost your weight loss process. Some examples include dairy products, starchy veggies, sugary sweets, etc.
- Avoid stress – Stress is a very big reason behind weight gain, including belly fat. Thus, you need to relax your mind and keep all the stressful thoughts away. You can also meditate or do yoga regularly to drive all the stress away.
- Avoid overeating & late-night meals – Overeating tends to increase the caloric intake of the body and thus, result in fat accumulation. Secondly, when you eat late at night, your digestive systems don’t get the time to process all the foods. Therefore, it ultimately leads to weight gain and obesity.
The bottom line
So these were the top 10 Dos and Don’ts that you need to keep into consideration if you want to lose the stubborn belly fat fast. Also, you can get a personalized diet plan from a licensed dietician to get even better results. Always remember that your diet is 80% responsible for your fitness, rest 20% depends upon physical exercises. Furthermore, if you have any queries or suggestions for us, you can get in touch with us through the ‘Contact’ page.