Have you had a dream of you drinking alcohol? Have you ever wondered what it meant?
Many people have a different insight into the meaning and interpretations of what drinking alcohol in one’s dream means. Let’s investigate their possible meaning and solutions that can guide you through it.
Reasons and meaning of an alcohol dream
To drink too much alcohol in your dream is a sign that you might be getting into a very difficult situation.
This is the interpretation of some people. On the other hand, other people think that drinking alcohol moderately in your dream could mean a sign of the success of a project or contract.
Now it depends on the scenario, in which the dream is displayed matters a lot in the interpretation of the dream. Take for instance; drinking spirits like whiskey or gin has been associated with messages of peace and contentment in coming times due to your hard work. Some have also associated moderate drinking with self-control on your impulses, which in turn leads to success. However, drinking too much could mean an upcoming embarrassing situation or event that might be brought about by foolish actions. Drinking in a bar is usually associated with fun and happy times.
Also, drinking too much alcohol could mean you becoming an addict or an alcoholic that if you are not already one. And this interpretation is our main purpose for this article 😊.
Drinking alcohol does come with its bad side. Some health issues associated with alcohol are listed below.
Drinking alcohol health issues
Alcohol consumption has been known over the years to cause major health issues and even injuries that may be sustained during accidents. But there are lots of health diseases that can be traced back to excessive alcohol drinking. Some of these are highlighted below.
- Anemia: The numbers of oxygen-carrying red blood cells are cut short by the intake of alcohol, and this is called Anemia.
- Cancer: Some doctors have said that habitual drinking of alcohol can rapidly increase the risk of having cancer by the body trying to convert the alcohol into acetaldehyde, a known carcinogen.
- Cardiovascular disease: heavy drinking can lead to the clumping together of platelets into blood clots. This is a known cause of heart attack and stroke. Studies have also shown that heavy drinking can cause cardiomyopathy which is a condition where the heart weakens and eventually fails.
Other health issues caused by drinking alcohol include:
- High blood pressure
- Infectious disease; this is mostly caused by the drinking suppressing the immune system
- Nerve damage
How to quit drinking alcohol?
To be able to stop alcohol drinking, here are some steps you need to take.
- Admit you have the problem of drinking. This is a key step in your recovery to realize the reasons why you should quit. You can see it as regaining lost time, making more money from drinks money kept, better sleep, and even better talk time with family and friends.
- Make giving up alcohol your number one priority. Be committed to breaking the addiction.
- 4. Get rid of your drinking pals. The lesser time you spend with your drinking pals, the greater chance you have in stopping the addiction.
- Speak Out about you stopping your drinking. This would give your friends the awareness the next time you are out at a party. They just know you’re done with drinking.
- Try to get help. Either professional or from a trusted friend.
Alcohol withdrawal symptoms
It is not all rosy on your quitting journey of alcohol; there are some hurdles you would meet on the way. Some things you might experience in your body include elevated temperature, Increased breathing, Increased blood pressure, excessive sweating, tremors, insomnia, and even seizures for some extreme cases. No matter what happens, always seek professional help for guidance.
Full detoxification of alcohol from the body can take close to 2 weeks and some negative symptoms can follow. symptoms like;
- Decreased metabolism
- Decreased energy
- Hostility and sometimes aggression
- Sleep disruption
- Declined sexual interest
This might look threatening, but the advantages outweigh the disadvantages. These are numerous to mention. It won’t be uncommon to have cravings for alcohol but try your very best to stay on track. The benefits are worth the fight. And I always say in these situations
“Anyone is strong enough to do whatever he/she wants, it is all about self-conviction, persistence, and motivation 😉”.
Check our coming article for our blog through: