The combination of baking soda and lemon juice is known to offer an immense number of health benefits. For this reason, this is one of the most popular home remedies around the world. Baking soda is well-known for its wide range of potential benefits. Lemon is filled with essential nutrients like Vitamin C, Fiber, Folic Acid, Potassium, and Antioxidants. Thus, a mixture of baking soda and lemon can offer even better health benefits.
Baking Soda & Lemon Juice For Weight Loss
Obesity is currently one of the biggest epidemics around the world. There are many reasons behind it like sedentary lifestyle, genetics, poor eating habits, and lifestyle, etc. Thus, people all around the world are looking for the best natural ways to reduce their weight. This is why it’s very appropriate to use a mixture of lemon juice and baking soda for weight loss. Lemon and Baking Soda are the two natural ingredients known to promote weight loss. Here are some of the reasons why.
- Treats Indigestion – Baking Soda is a good remedy for indigestion. Thus, it helps in preventing problems like bloating and extra fat accumulation.
- Supplement – Baking Soda or Sodium Bicarbonate is a quite renowned supplementary agent among sportspersons. Because of the high pH levels, it helps in balancing the pH lowered due to lactic acid while working out. Thus, you can exercise more and lose weight quickly.
- Feeling Of Fullness – Both lemon and baking soda are known to increase the feeling of fullness. Thus, you eat less throughout the day and consume lesser calories. This further helps in weight loss and management.
- Boosted Metabolism – Lemons are medically proven to boost metabolism i.e. removal of toxic materials from the body. Thus, a boosted metabolism means quicker burning of calories. This is the reason why many people around the world use lemon juice for weight loss.
- Hydration – Lemon also helps in keeping you hydrated, which is very important for physical activities. Thus, using baking soda with lemon juice can improve your stamina and strength to perform weight loss exercises.
Baking Soda-Lemon Juice Weight Loss Drink Recipe
Here’s how you can make a drink using lemon and baking soda for weight loss.
- Cut three lemons into half and squeeze them into a 1000ml of water.
- Add 1tsp of baking soda into the water and mix well using a spoon.
- After that, put the water in a bottle and keep it in the refrigerator.
- Consume this drink instead of water whenever you feel thirsty during the day.
- Do this every week with one week break in-between.
As this is an alkaline drink, it helps in boosting the metabolism greatly. Thus, you can burn more calories than you consume and lose weight quickly. Try consuming this drink 30 minutes before a meal or 2 hours past a meal for the best results.
Counteracting Stomach Acids
Lemon juice with baking soda can help in counteracting the excessive stomach acids effectively. This is because a combination of sodium bicarbonate & citric acid is used in prescription drugs for excess stomach acids. As both these ingredients are present in baking soda and lemons, it helps in treating stomach acid problems. Thus, it helps in preventing other digestive system related problems like constipation, nausea, and heartburn, etc. This is one of the medically proven health benefits of lemon and baking soda.
Baking soda is a quite popular ingredient in oral care products like toothpaste. This is mainly because baking soda is antibacterial in nature and works great as a cleansing agent. Thus, it can easily help in cleaning the teeth and make them white without damaging the tooth enamel. On the other hand, lemon juice is acidic in nature. Thus, it can cause damage to tooth enamel. This is why it’s recommended not to use the mixture of lemon and baking soda for teeth whitening.
Detoxification of the body is one of the most amazing health benefits of baking soda and lemon. Thus, this mixture helps in the removal of harmful toxins and other materials through urine. Also, if a person has weak kidneys, it can help in relieving the pressure from the kidneys. This makes the detoxification process easier and faster.
A mixture of lemon with baking soda may even help in promoting heart health. This is because both these ingredients help in lowering cholesterol levels and in the removal of toxins. Thus, the health of your heart improves and the chances of heart problems like strokes or heart attacks decrease greatly.
Better Athletic Performance
Baking soda is one of the most commonly used ingredients in supplementary products for athletes. This is because the higher pH levels of sodium bicarbonate neutralize fatigue-causing lactic acid pH levels. On the other hand, lemon juice helps in keeping the body hydrated to perform intense physical activities easily. Thus, you can perform physically better in physical activities. That’s how you can use baking soda and lemon for weight loss as well.
Stronger Immune System
Detoxification, better digestion, balanced pH levels, and hydration are some of the benefits of baking soda and lemon. All these benefits come together to help build a stronger immune system for the body. Thus, you are better protected against various diseases and other health problems.
The improvement and protection of kidney health are two of the top lemon and baking soda benefits. This mixture helps in detoxifying the body to remove the pressure from the kidneys. Thus, it is a great remedy for people with kidney failure to try.
The Bottom Line!
So these were all the health benefits offered by baking soda and lemon juice. Also, you can use the recipe to prepare a detox drink of lemon juice and baking soda to lose weight. Although, these are both natural ingredients, yet they can problems or side-effects too. Thus, it is highly recommended to consult a health expert before you start consuming this drink.
If you have any queries or suggestions, feel free to comment below or write to us through an email.