Face Masks For Acne
Are you tired of the acne problem? Have you tried yogurt facemasks for acne treatment?
Yogurt is one of the healthiest foods to consume as it contains various health-friendly nutrients. These essential nutrients include protein, vitamin Bs, alpha hydroxyl acid, zinc, potassium, magnesium, and antioxidants. All these essential nutrients not only provide health benefits on consuming yogurt but also on its application on the skin. There are various yogurt facemasks that you can apply to your skin to get rid of acne. For this, you will need to combine yogurt with other skin-friendly ingredients. Here we will check out the 3 amazing DIY yogurt face masks for curing acne.
Before that, let’s check out the benefits of yogurt for the skin first.
Benefits Of Yogurt For Skin
Here are some of the proven Face Masks For Acne benefits for skin that everyone must know of.
- Moisturized Skin – Due to the presence of lactic acid, yogurt can help to moisturize your skin to make it supple and glowing. Thus, it can help in getting rid of the dryness that people with dry skin always complain about.
- Improves Skin Tone – The lactic acid in yogurt helps in slowing down the production of an enzyme known as tyrosinase. In medical science, tyrosinase is known to trigger the production of melanin, the skin-color giving hormone. As excessive production of melanin is linked to skin darkening, its controlled production helps in lightening the skin tone.
- Dark Circles Removal – The presence of zinc and lactic acid in yogurt is what makes it effective against dark circles. Both these help in lightening the skin tone of under-eyes, blemishes, and scars too. Thus, it can easily remove the stubborn dark circle completely forever.
- Eliminates Blemishes and Scars – As mentioned above, zinc helps in preventing and treating skin problems like acne and pimples. Furthermore, it also acts as an anti-inflammatory agent to treat inflammation and oily skin. On the other side, lactic acid helps in limiting melanin production to lighten blemishes, scars, and overall skin tone.
- Exfoliates Skin – Lactic acid in yogurt is also medically proven to exfoliate the skin by removing the dead skin cells. This is because lactic acid is also a natural alpha hydroxyl acid that exfoliates the skin without irritation.
- Anti-Aging Benefits – Yogurt face masks are known to be rich in strong antioxidants that fight harmful free radicals. Thus, your skin is completely protected against wrinkles, fine lines, and other skin aging signs. Lactic acid also helps to preserve the youngness of the skin for a longer time.
- Protection Against Skin Infections – Due to the presence of anti-inflammatory and antifungal properties, yogurt masks are great for skin protection against infections. Just apply the face mask regularly to get most of its benefits.
- Sunburn Treatment – Many people often suffer from sunburns and it can be a painful experience for them. However, yogurt facemasks are very helpful for easing the irritation and pain caused by sunburns. This is mainly because zinc is a powerful anti-inflammatory agent that alleviates inflammation and balances the natural skin oils.
Yogurt Facemasks To Treat Acne
There are several recipes to create yogurt facemasks for acne treatment. However, we will check out the top three of these recipes.
Ingredients – Yogurt, Turmeric Powder
Yogurt-Turmeric facemask is one of the most effective facemasks to treat various skin problems, including acne. Firstly, we have already read about all the essential nutrients present in yogurt. Secondly, turmeric is a great source of vitamin C, calcium, iron, potassium, and zinc, etc. Furthermore, turmeric contains one of the most powerful antioxidants and anti-inflammatory agents called curcumin. This is the reason why turmeric has been used as a natural skin treatment remedy for centuries.
As a combination of these two amazing ingredients, this facemask helps to heal acne, alleviate inflammation, and slow down skin aging. Furthermore, the medicinal properties of turmeric help in fighting free radicals and protect skin from being damaged. Also, it helps to regenerate skin cells while improving the protection of the skin.
How To Make Yogurt-Turmeric Face Mask?
- Add 3 tbsp of yogurt and 1½ tsp of turmeric into a small bowl.
- Mix both the ingredients properly using a spoon.
- With warm water, rinse your face thoroughly to remove dirt and oil.
- Apply the mixture to your face and massage in a circular motion with your fingers.
- Let it dry for 15-20 minutes.
- After that, use lukewarm water to wash your face, followed by a cold water rinse.
- Use a soft towel to pat dry your face.
Ingredients – Rosewater, Yogurt, Honey
Yogurt-Rosewater Facemask is another gem in the list of top yogurt Face Masks For Acne healing. Also, it helps to hydrate and moisturize skin while removing the oil and dirt from pores. Furthermore, its anti-inflammatory properties help in alleviating inflammation and balance the skin’s pH levels. This amazing facemask is also an excellent toning solution for facial skin.
How To Make Yogurt-Rosewater Face Mask?
- Add 3 tbsp of rosewater and 1½ tbsp of yogurt into a small bowl.
- Stir the mixture thoroughly and leave for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 1½ tsp of honey into the mixture and stir thoroughly to create a smooth paste.
- Use warm water to rinse your face and dry it using a soft face towel.
- Apply a smooth layer of the mixture on your face and neck.
- Wait for 10-15 minutes to let it dry and then, wash your face with lukewarm water.
- Then again, rinse your face with cold water to tighten the pores and pat dry using a cotton face towel.
Ingredients – Strawberries, Yogurt, Honey
Last but not least, yogurt-strawberry facemask is highly effective for curing acne problems. Furthermore, it also improves skin tone, adds glow to the skin, and provides moisture to eliminate dryness. Also, its antibacterial properties help in fighting the bacteria that might cause skin infections.
How To Make Yogurt-Strawberry Face Mask?
- Add 2 mashed ripe strawberries into a medium bowl.
- Add 1 tsp of honey and stir properly to mix them completely.
- Add 1 tsp yogurt into the bowl and stir thoroughly to form a thick paste.
- Using warm water, rinse your face thoroughly to clean the dirt and oiliness.
- Apply a smooth and thick layer of the facemask on your face and neck area.
- Let it sit for 15-20 minutes.
- After that, wash your face with lukewarm water, followed by a cool water rinse.
- Pat your face dry with a soft cotton towel.
That’s All Folks!
So these were the top 3 DIY yogurt facemasks to get rid of the acne problem. Make sure to apply these inexpensive facemasks regularly to get all the benefits. The best thing about these facemasks is that they’re completely natural and thus, healthier than OTC drugs and ointments.
If you’ve got any other yogurt facemask recipes for acne, do share in the comments section below.