Forearm Plank – Everyone in the world wants their body to be fit with strong muscles and bones. For this purpose, many different full-body workouts help in building the perfect body. Among these exercises, the standard plank pose and its variations are considered to be the most effective ones.
One such variation of the standard plank is the forearm plank, which you can do at the comfort of your home. This exercise offers a huge number of benefits for the muscles, bones, and various internal organs. However, you need to correctly do the forearm plank muscles workout at home to obtain its benefits.
Forearm plank benefits
- Amazing core exercise – If you want a strong core with a flat tummy, then this is one of the best exercises for you. It helps in toning and strengthening your core and abdomen muscles, especially the rectus abdominis. Moreover, this exercise is also very effective for building amazing flat abs, if done regularly.
- Builds strong back– Another amazing benefit of the forearm plank is that it helps in toning and strengthening of the complete back. Hence, it works on the two main upper back muscles i.e. trapezius and rhomboids. Furthermore, the lower back muscles are also worked upon by this workout i.e. the erector spinae. Thus, your back becomes stronger and improves your body’s stability, flexibility & posture. Also, it helps in getting rid of the lower back pain.Advertisement
- Builds chest, arms & shoulders – The muscles in your chest, arms, and shoulders are also toned and strengthened through this amazing exercise. The targeted muscles include the biceps, pectorals, triceps, and serratus anterior muscles. Thus, you can build an amazing upper body with a wide chest, toned arms, and strong shoulders by doing this exercise regularly.
- Tones lower body – Last but not least, the forearm plank is an amazing exercise to tone your lower body. The target areas and muscles include gluteal muscles, quadriceps, and calf muscles. Thus, this exercise helps in getting rid of the excess fat from the hips and thighs area. Moreover, it also helps to build strength and flexibility in the lower as well as upper body. So your body’s range of motion, stability, and coordination are improved greatly with this exercise.
How to do the forearm plank correctly?
- Get down on your knees and bend forward to place your elbows & forearms on the floor. Make sure your back is straight and your elbows are straight under your shoulders.
- After that, extend your legs slowly in the backward direction to balance your body on your toes and forearms. Thus, your complete body will be in one straight line i.e. your legs, hips, back, and neck.
- Engage your core area, back, gluteal muscles, and shoulders to hold your body in this pose, without dipping.
- Hold this position for 30-60 seconds, and then return to the initial position.
- Repeat these steps 2-3 times daily and keep increasing the hold time as you gain more strength.
So this was everything you need to know about the forearm plank muscles workout at home and its benefits. When it comes to building, strengthening, and toning of the whole body, plank poses are highly effective. Also, the best thing about these poses is that you can do these anywhere without any equipment.