Do you imagine working for 24 hours all life long? Sounds impossible, doesn’t it? This is what our hearts do. Working beat by beat, every single second, every day for our entire life. It never rests, and most likely no one wants it to.
According to a study, on an average, a heart beats about 2.5 billion times in a lifetime. Our heart is the most vital organ to keep us alive, and it is important that we treat it accordingly.
In recent times, the cases of men and women suffering from heart diseases have drastically increased. According to a survey, the number of deaths per year due to heart diseases is almost one million.
This death rate has made heart diseases nothing less than a plague. A plague composed of fat, cholesterol, calcium and other harmful substances that make the build-up and block the arteries of the heart.
There are many health diseases risks faced by people who don’t take care of themselves and their body when they should have. We have listed a few ways to improve heart health naturally.
Following these healthy heart tips, you’ll be able to maintain your health and well-being for many years to come.
- Keep a check on your blood pressure: High blood pressure is one of the major risk factors of all the heart diseases. To avoid taking pills for hypertension, it is crucial that you get yourself checked regularly to ensure that you take measures as soon as you are diagnosed with blood pressure problems.
Change your eating habits and improve your lifestyle, it reduces the health diseases risks significantly.
- Don’t let the cholesterol level jump: High level of cholesterol is faced by many people these days irrespective of their age and sex. The main reason for high cholesterol even in children is bad eating habits.
Eating junk, oily and greasy food leads to high cholesterol levels. Cholesterol accumulates in the coronary arteries which are the arteries supplying the heart. The blockage of these arteries leads to heart diseases.
- Maintain your weight: Most people confuse weights management with a way to showcase your body. Being fit is much more than modeling, it is about feeling healthy and keeping your vital organs happy.
So many people especially women these days are suffering from obesity and being obese increases the risks of having heart diseases in multiple folds. These people should immediately take steps to prevent heart diseases — steps like frequently moving, eating healthy and staying hydrated.
- Consume nutritious food items: People who eat healthily, stay healthy. Food rich in sodium and sugar is likely to put your heart at risk. Not just heart, but these products make your skin age much faster than they should.
It has become a trend these days to have fruit juices in the morning, but it is not as beneficial as having a whole fruit every day. It is rich in fiber and will provide you all the necessary vitamins to function at your best the rest of the day.
- Exercise regularly: Many people misinterpret the meaning of exercising as gyms and heavyweights. While those are also a form of exercise, if you don’t find yourself surrounded with such amenities or if you simply don’t want to do it, you can just walk or jog each day to keep yourself healthy.
Workout at home for five days in a week for 30-40 minutes and you will be improving heart health naturally.
- Restrict alcohols: People who are chronic or heavy drinkers usually face the issue of blood pressure. These people are voluntarily inviting health diseases risks and should quit doing so.
Alcohol increases your blood pressure and also causes weight gain due to all the calories present. High blood pressure and being heavyweight are the prime causes of heart failure. According to a report, men should restrict their alcohol content to 2 drinks per day and women shouldn’t drink more than one drink per day.
- Do Not Smoke: Smoking cigarettes have endless negative outcomes and absolutely nil upside. Smoking exposes you to health diseases risks like high blood pressure, lung cancer, etc.
You should immediately start quitting your habit else no amount of healthy heart tips would save you from an unfortunate outcome.