Remove Belly Fat Fast
Belly fat is one of the most common and stubborn kinds of fat in the human body. A flabby belly is visible in all types of clothes. Thus, it can be embarrassing for a person. Furthermore, it also stops them from wearing their favorite clothes by making them self-conscious. However, you can lose belly fat easily with the right diet plan and specific exercises. What if we tell you that you can lose tummy fat by doing yoga? Yes, you read it right. To help you better, here are 5 effective yoga poses to remove belly fat fast.
But before getting into that, let’s know a little bit about yoga.
What is Yoga?
Yoga is an ancient Indian practice, which involves certain breathing methods and body poses. These breathing techniques focus on inhaling and exhaling in different ways. According to our ancestors, regulating the breath helps to stimulate, purify, and cleanse our minds & bodies. On the other hand, ‘Asana’ is a Sanskrit word that means seat or posture. Thus, the yoga asanas are various physical body poses or postures. These asanas are helpful for stretching, exercising, and improving overall health.
Best Yoga Poses To Reduce Belly Fat
Several yoga postures can help you get a flat tummy. However, the following yoga poses can help reduce belly fat fast.
Kumbhakasana aka The Plank Pose
Target Areas – Abs, Obliques, Shoulders, Chest, Back
Kumbhakasana aka The Plank Pose is one of the best postures to eliminate belly fat. This pose may seem easy by the looks of it but it’s quite hard. Kumbhakasana primarily targets two main muscles, namely abs and obliques. Along with these, it also helps strengthen the muscles in the shoulders, back, and chest. Furthermore, it’s a great asana to Guide to boosting your metabolism and speed up the weight loss process.
How To Do The Plank Pose?
- Get down on the floor on all fours. For this, you need to extend your arms straight below your shoulders and bend your knees.
- Now slowly slide your feet to extend your legs fully straight.
- Stop when your head, shoulders, back, buttocks, knees, and ankles come in a straight line. Thus, you will be balancing your entire body on your extended arms and toes.
- Hold this position for as long as possible, without letting your hips dip.
- When you can’t hold the perfect posture any longer, slowly lower your body to the ground.
- Repeat these steps 2-3 times every day.
Naukasana aka The Boat Pose
Target Areas – Abs, Core, Lower Back, Adductors, Hip Flexors.
Naukasana aka The Boat Pose is another highly effective asana to get a flat belly. This incredible posture targets the core region and hips in the body. Along with directly targeting the abs, it also helps to boost digestion. Thus, you can lose excess fat from the belly and other body parts. Furthermore, the boat pose helps in stimulating the thyroid, intestines, and kidneys.
How To Do The Boat Pose?
- Lie down straight on the floor on your back.
- Now lift your legs and upper body at the same time to form a V-shape. Thus, you’ll be balancing your body only on your sitting bones.
- Stop when your eyes and toes come in a straight line. Also, keep your arms extended straight, parallel to the floor.
- Squeeze your abs and hold this position for as long as possible.
- When you can’t hold any longer, lower your body into the starting position.
- Repeat these steps 4-5 times and increase repetitions as you gain strength.
Ustrasana aka The Camel Pose
Target Areas – Abs, Chest, Back, Quadriceps, Hip Flexors
Ustrasana aka The Camel Pose is a backward stretching posture in yoga. This asana helps to boost digestion while toning the abdominal muscles. Furthermore, it’s an effective asana to stretch the chest, quadriceps, core, and hip flexors. Also, it helps to yoga for back pain reduce and make the spine more flexible. For women, this particular pose helps reduce menstrual distress.
How To Do The Camel Pose?
- Kneel on the floor, such that your knees and shoulders are in a straight line.
- Exhaling deeply, bend your spine a little backward. Stop when your shoulders are straight above your ankles.
- Hold your ankles with both your hands and tilt your head backward.
- Squeeze your abdomen while holding this pose for 20-30 seconds. Breathe normally, and don’t overexert your back doing the posture.
- Exhaling deeply, return to the initial kneeling position.
- Repeat these steps 5-6 times in the beginning. You may increase the repetitions as you keep gaining strength.
Vasisthasana aka The Side Plank Pose
Target Areas – Obliques, Abs, Glutes, Hip Adductors
Vasisthasana aka The Side Plank Pose is a variation of the traditional plank pose. This posture primarily targets the obliques, which most abdominal exercises fail to target. Furthermore, it helps to fortify the back to reduce the chances of injuries. Also, the side plank is an excellent pose to improve the overall stability of the body.
How To Do The Side Plank Pose?
- Get down on the floor into the plank pose, i.e. balancing body on extended arms and toes.
- Now lift your right arm off the floor and turn to your right side. Thus, you’ll be balancing your body on your extended arm and the outer side of your left foot.
- Ensure to keep your head, back, buttocks, thighs, and ankles in a straight line. Also, raise your right arm straight to bring both arms and shoulders in one line.
- Hold this position for as long as possible without letting your hips sink.
- Repeat these steps 4-5 times on each side every day.
Bhujangasana aka The Cobra Pose
Target Areas – Abs, Chest, Shoulders, Back, Biceps, Glutes, Thighs
Bhujangasana aka The Cobra Pose is a great stretching and stimulating exercise for the body. This posture helps to tone and strengthen the abdomen, chest, shoulders, and biceps. Furthermore, it’s an excellent stretching exercise for the buttocks and thighs. To boost the weight loss process, it helps to improve the digestion processes. It also helps to relieve stress and fatigue from all the body muscles.
How To Do The Cobra Pose?
- Lie down on the floor facing downwards.
- Place both your hands on the sides of your shoulders by bending your elbows. Also, extend your legs to bring the top of your feet entirely on the floor.
- While inhaling, use your arms strength to lift your upper body off the floor. Stop when your arms are completely straight, and tilt your head backward.
- Make sure your lower body from the upper thighs to feet is entirely on the floor.
- Hold this position for 20-30 seconds.
- Repeat these steps 4-5 times daily, and increase repetitions as you gain strength.
The Bottom Line!
Yoga is one of the best practices to preserve the health of the mind and body. Furthermore, yoga asanas and pranayamas can help to heal various disorders and diseases. There are highly effective yoga asanas to lose belly fat in a little time. However, you should replace calorie-dense foods with nutrient-dense foods for best results. For this, you can get a custom-made diet plan from a dietitian or a nutritionist near you.