Being underweight is one of the most embarrassing problems faced by people, especially teenagers. There can be many reasons behind being underweight like hereditary factors, health problems, poor diet, and lifestyle, etc. This is the reason why teenagers go for unhealthy options like supplements, junk foods, and processed foods, etc. These options do more bad than good for the health of a teenager. Hence, it is recommended to consume a healthy & nutrient-dense diet to put on weight. Thus, we have prepared a list of 15 healthiest foods for teenagers to gain weight safely & quickly.
Top Foods For Weight Gain
- Salmon – Salmon is one of the most nutritious and calorie-filled foods on the planet. Eating salmon will not only help you in gaining weight but also offer various other health benefits. It is loaded with antioxidants, minerals, vitamins, proteins, healthy fats, and omega-3 fatty acids. Thus, it is highly recommended for teenagers who want to put on some weight quickly and healthily.
- Milk – Milk is undoubtedly the healthiest nutrition-filled drink in the world. Milk is rich in proteins, vitamins (B & D), and minerals like calcium, potassium, and phosphorus. All these elements are great for the development of bones and body muscles. Thus, it is very important for teenagers to drink milk regularly for good results.
- Whole Eggs – Eggs are the most nutrient-dense foods available for a very low price. Moreover, these are highly essential foods to gain muscle and body weight in teenagers. Eggs are loaded with proteins, minerals like iron, copper, and zinc), and vitamins like B2, B6, B12, and D. Therefore, you should consume eggs daily to put on weight quickly.
- Homemade Protein Smoothies – Homemade protein smoothies are surely the healthiest beverages for teenagers to drink. As these smoothies are home remedies home, you can add all the nutritious food items to it. This way you will be able to add as many healthy calories as you want to your smoothie. For example, you can add fruits, nuts, seeds, and vegetables, etc.
- Red Meat – Red meat is another incredibly healthy food item to quickly gain weight and muscles. Red meats are loaded with proteins, vitamin (B12 & B6), and minerals like zinc, iron, and phosphorus. Moreover, it is a great source of healthy fats & calories. Regular consumption of red meat can help in boosting muscle growth and bone health.
- Dried Fruits – Dried fruits are very effective for weight gain in teenagers. Dried fruits contain vitamin A, antioxidants, healthy calories, and minerals like potassium, phosphorus, and iron. Furthermore, the sugar content in dried fruits also makes them highly effective for putting on weight. Various dried fruits that you can eat include dried figs, dried apricots, dates, and raisins, etc.
- Nuts & Nut Butter – Nuts are one of the smallest yet most nutrient-dense foods in the world. Furthermore, the butter made from nuts is very effective for gaining weight quickly. Nuts contain vitamin E, magnesium, healthy fats, dietary fibers, protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and omega-6 fatty acids. Thus, eating nuts not only provide you with immense nutrition but also several other health benefits. You can eat various nuts like cashews, walnuts, almonds, and pistachios, etc.
- Whole Grain Bread – Whole grain bread is prepared from whole grain like barley, oats, and brown rice, etc. Moreover, this also has fiber, vitamins, iron, magnesium, folic acid, and selenium. Apart from this, the presence of carbohydrates is what makes these bread great for weight gain. You can even eat other calorie-dense foods like eggs and butter with the bread to get better results.
- Avocado – Avocado is the most nutritious and healthiest fruits in the world. As it contains healthy fats and calories, it helps in boosting weight gain. Apart from this, avocados are an excellent source of vitamins (C, K, E, & B6), omega-3 fatty acids, and minerals like potassium and magnesium. Thus, you need to consume avocados regularly to quickly put on weight.
- Cheese – Cheese is also a great food source of healthy fats and calories. As it prepared from milk, it is filled with proteins, vitamins (A, B12, & K2), minerals (phosphorus & zinc), and omega-3 fatty acids. This is why cheese is great for teenagers who want to put on weight quickly.
- Dark Chocolate – Dark chocolate contains calories and healthy fats that help in gaining weight. Furthermore, it is a great source of dietary fiber, antioxidants, micronutrients, and magnesium, etc. Thus, you should include dark chocolate with more than 70% cocoa content in your weight gain diet plan.
- Full-Fat Yogurt – As the name suggests, full-fat yogurt is basically filled with healthy fats & carbohydrates that promote weight gain. Apart from this, it is a great source of vitamins, potassium, proteins, and calcium. You can add various other nutrient-dense foods to the full-fat yogurt and increase its caloric count. By consuming it regularly, you will see visible results very soon.
- Whey Protein Supplements – While many of you might have heard about protein supplements being unhealthy, whey protein isn’t. Whey protein is actually the supplement manufactured using dairy products. Thus, it is a healthy and easy way to put on weight quickly. Moreover, whey protein doesn’t cost you a fortune and delivers great results in little time.
- Healthy Cereals – Healthy cereals offer you immense amounts of carbohydrates, calories, and nutrition. Moreover, they are rich in antioxidants and dietary fibers. Thus, they are a healthy way to put on weight quickly. Some of the best healthy cereals to eat include bran, oatmeal, oats, muesli, and granola, etc. You can even add nuts and seeds to these cereals for increasing the caloric-count.
- Rice – Last but not least, rice is an amazingly effective food item for quickly gaining weight. Rice contains carbohydrates, calories, vitamins E, folic acid, and minerals like calcium and iron. Also, you can add other nutrient-dense foods like chicken or meat to rice and increase its caloric-count greatly.
That’s all folks!
So these were the 15 healthiest foods for teenagers to gain weight safely & quickly. By combining these foods with weight-training, you can get even better results in little time. Also, you can get in touch with a licensed nutritionist to get your personalized diet plan for you.