Mouth Watering Dishes
Everyone in the world loves to try and eat different delicious dishes and cuisines. However, people often love foods that are fried, baked, or loaded with calories. Although these foods are finger-licking good, yet they are not good for health. Thus, people often face the dilemma of choosing between taste and health. But don’t worry as we have the solution to this problem for you. Wouldn’t you feel amazing if you get to eat the tastiest dishes without worrying about weight gain? Thus, we will check out 3 amazing low-calorie mouth-watering Dishes here.
Honey Garlic Chicken
Chicken is one of the most commonly consumed non-vegetarian cuisines around the world. Every country has its unique chicken recipes that people cook and love. However, the calorie count of a cuisine depends upon its ingredients and cooking style. Here we will check out the recipe for honey garlic chicken. With approximately 200 calories, this dish is not only delicious but low in calories too.
- 4 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 2 Crushed Garlic Cloves
- 3 tablespoon Natural Honey
- 1 Lemon’s Juice
- Sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 2tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 450gms Chicken Breasts (without bones and skin)
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- Onion Slices
- First of all, you need to preheat the oven to 340-degrees.
- In a medium bowl, add honey, garlic, soy sauce, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, cornstarch, and 1 tbsp sesame oil. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly until properly mixed.
- Heat 1 tbsp sesame oil in a big oven-safe pan. Put the chicken into the pan and heat it on a medium-high flame by adding. Add salt and pepper as a seasoning on the chicken.
- Let it cook until the base of the chicken turns golden. After that, turn it over to cook the other side too.
- Add the mixture prepared in step two onto the chicken and put the pan in the oven.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the chicken loses its pink texture.
- Add chicken to a hot broiler and use a spoon to caramelize the mixture added in step five.
- After 2-3 minutes, add chopped onions and sesame seeds as a topping.
Spinach is one of the healthiest fiber-rich green leafy vegetables in the world. It is an excellent source of vitamin K, protein, iron, phosphorus, magnesium, fiber, and calcium. Thus, several medical research studies link spinach with improving immunity, bones, vision, teeth, and protection against cancer. Furthermore, it contains a low amount of calories, making it a good weight-management vegetable.
On the other hand, corn is an excellent remedy for digestive system problems. Furthermore, it’s a great source of vitamin B, along with minerals like zinc, iron, manganese, copper, and magnesium. Thus, it helps to boost weight loss while providing the necessary nutrition to the body.
- A bunch of spinach / A bowl of spinach puree
- 1 cup of sweet corn
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon butter/ ghee
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon grated garlic
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 3 green chilies
- 4 tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- Rinse spinach leaves thoroughly in running water.
- In a pan, add 4 cups of water and spinach leaves. When it starts to boil, cover the pan, and cook the spinach for 10 minutes on a medium flame.
- Turn off the heat, let this mixture cool down completely and blend the spinach in the mixer grinder till the smooth paste is formed.
- Boil sweet corn in 2 cups of water for 4-5 minutes. Strain the corns and keep them aside.
- For tempering (tadka), take a frying pan or a non-stick pan and add oil to it.
- Add grated ginger and garlic, and sauté it for a minute while stirring it continuously.
- Add chopped onions and cook it till it changes its color.
- Blend tomatoes n chilies in a grinder. Add this puree to the pan. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Add spinach puree, red chili powder, and salt as per your taste.
- Add the sweet corns, mix it well and let it cook on low flame for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the flame. Add butter/ghee on top of it.
- Serve hot with whole wheat chapatti.
Whole Wheat Vegetable Pizza
Well, everyone loves a delicious pizza to be honest. However, many people don’t consider the pizzas available in restaurants to be healthy. Thus, here is a healthy pizza recipe under 200 calories, which you can easily cook at home using whole wheat flour. This recipe includes several healthy vegetables, making it a healthy and nutritious pizza. Also, it’s a good alternative to market pizza if you’re focusing on weight management.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon olive oil or melted butter
- 2 medium chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- Red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Veggies – chopped onions, capsicum, bell peppers, broccoli, mushrooms, olives
- Shredded pizza cheese (mozzarella & cheddar)
- Mix the whole wheat flour, salt, baking powder, and melted butter or olive oil. Add water little by little and knead it until it turns into a soft dough. Keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- For pizza sauce, add one teaspoon olive oil to a non-stick pan. Add grated garlic, chopped tomatoes, salt, sugar, oregano, and chili flakes. Cook it till the tomatoes become mushy.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Take the dough and roll it out into a circle. Now use a fork to poke holes in the base to avoid bubble formation.
- Add pizza sauce to the base.
- Add onions, capsicums. Mushrooms, broccoli, and bell peppers.
- Add pizza cheese. Add olives on the top of the cheese.
- Cook the pizza for 12-15 minutes in the oven.
So these are the 3 mouth-watering low-calorie dishes that you can prepare at home. However, there are endless ideas and recipes for making delicious cuisines without worrying about weight loss. You can always share your recipe ideas with everyone in the comments section below.