Romaine Lettuce Vs Spinach
Green leafy vegetables are considered to be the most nutritious and healthy foods on the planet. Leafy greens are loaded with nutrients that help in keeping our body healthy, both internally and externally. If you check out the best diet for any disease or to get fit, leafy greens will always be a part of the top 10 foods.
Romaine Lettuce Vs Spinach
There are so many leafy green vegetables available in the market like kale, spinach, cabbage, romaine lettuce, and collard greens, etc. So today we are going to compare romaine lettuce and spinach to find which is more nutritious among the two?
Romaine Lettuce Vs Spinach is one of the most debated comparisons among vegetables. This is mainly because both these leafy greens are the most nutrient-dense among all the others. However, people always ask what is the nutritional value of Romaine Lettuce Vs Spinach? Furthermore, they want to know which is more nutritious and healthy between the two.
To get a better idea, here we will check out the Lettuce Vs Spinach nutrition and health benefits in detail.
Spinach is one of the best sources of various vitamins and minerals. The vitamins in spinach include vitamins A, B6, C, B9, E, and K. Moreover, the minerals found in this amazing vegetable include iron, magnesium, calcium, and potassium. Apart from this, it is also a great source of antioxidants, amino acids, folic acid, omega-3 fatty acids, and carotenoids, etc. Also, its regular consumption offers you with great amounts of energy.
Now let’s check out the approximate values of spinach nutrition per 100 g.
Spinach Nutritional Values Per 100 gram
- Protein – 2.9 g
- Calories – 23
- Total Fat – 0.4 g
- Carbohydrates – 3.6 g
- Sodium – 0.08 g
- Potassium – 0.56 g
- Calcium – 0.1 g
- Sugar – 0.45 g
- Dietary Fiber – 2.2 g
Spinach is undoubtedly one of the most nutrient-dense and healthiest leafy green vegetables on the planet. There are a plethora of health benefits offered by spinach.
- First of all, the presence of vitamin K, C, D, and calcium help in making bones stronger.
- The presence of essential nutrients like beta carotene, chlorophyll, and Lutein, helps in preserving & improving eyesight. Also, these nutrients boost the overall immunity of our bodies.
- It also helps in preventing health problems like asthma, high BP, blood sugar, heart problems, constipation, hair loss, and skin-related issues.
- Also, several medical studies have confirmed that spinach can help with cancer prevention & weight loss.
- Last but not least, the magnesium in spinach is very helpful in providing your body with energy.
If we talk about Romaine Lettuce nutrition, it is also an amazing source of vitamins, minerals, and other essential nutrients. It is filled with various vitamins like A, B, E, C, and K. Furthermore, the minerals present in it include calcium, manganese, potassium, magnesium
Romaine Lettuce Nutritional Information Per 100 gram
- Protein – 1.2 g
- Calories – 17
- Total Fat – 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates – 3.3 g
- Sodium – 0.008 g
- Potassium – 0.25 g
- Calcium – 0.03 g
- Sugar – 1.2 g
- Dietary Fiber – 2.1 g
Is Romaine Lettuce healthy? The answer is yes.
This amazing leafy green offers various benefits due to its incredible nutritional profile. Because of the high amounts of nutrients, here are some of the top romaine lettuce benefits.
- Does romaine lettuce have calcium? Yes, along with calcium, it is a great source of the carotenoids, antioxidants, and vitamins (A & C). All these nutrients help in preventing eyes-related problems like weak eyesight, cataract, and glaucoma, etc.
- Moreover, vitamins (K, C, & A) help to slow down aging by preserving and improving skin health.
- Vitamin K & K2 present in romaine lettuce helps in improving bone health. Thus, it is beneficial in preventing bone-related problems like osteoporosis.
- Also, several medical studies have confirmed its anti-cancer properties. This is mainly because of the presence of cancer-fighting chlorophyll in this leafy green.
- Lastly, this green leafy vegetable is very helpful in weight loss due to low amounts of calories and carbs. Also, the dietary fiber helps in keeping your stomach full for longer to limit your caloric intake.
Nutritional values comparison of Romaine Lettuce Vs Spinach
If we compare the nutritional profile of spinach Vs lettuce romaine, we can be clearer about who’s the winner. Thus, to provide you with a better idea, here’s a chart showing the difference of nutrients between lettuce romaine Vs spinach.
Although, the nutrients offered by spinach-lettuce are similar, yet they differ in nutritional values. Spinach offers much more amounts of vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients, as compared to romaine lettuce. Thus, the nutritional values of lettuce are a bit lower than spinach. While some of the nutritional values differ by a few percent, others are present 2-3 times more in spinach. You can check the numerical differences in the nutritional values of both these in the image above.
The bottom line
So after a thorough comparison between spinach and romaine lettuce, we can finally say that spinach is more nutritious. Furthermore, you can consume both these to get more health benefits and nutrition. Leafy green vegetables like these can not only help in curing health disorders but also in preventing them. For queries or suggestions, do write below in the comments section.