Hair Fall And Dandruff
Hair is one of the most essential components of your personality. Healthy & stylish hair makes you look more beautiful, smart, and younger always. While hair loss at a young or middle age can make you look older and it can be embarrassing. Hair loss & dandruff have become a global issue in recent years. Some of the main reasons behind these problems like genetics, improper hair care, poor nutrition, stress, and various other health problems. Thus, people often go for commercial hair care products that do more harm than good. However, the problems related to hair can easily be treated using natural remedies and treatments.
To help you better, we have prepared the list of best home remedies for hair fall and dandruff.
Natural Remedies For Hair Fall
Here are some of the most effective natural remedies to treat hair fall and many other hair-related problems.
Home remedies for hair fall
- Ginseng – Ginseng is one of the best herbal remedies to treat hair fall at home. It is medically proven to improve the scalp’s blood circulation to strengthen the hair follicles and roots. Moreover, ginseng is an essential component of all hair care products like shampoos and conditioners. By applying ginseng infused oil thrice a week, you can prevent hair fall & boost hair regrowth.
- Aloe Vera – Aloe Vera has been used as a hair fall treatment remedy for centuries. It helps in stabilizing the pH levels of the scalp to unblock blocked pores and promote hair growth. Moreover, it helps in making the hair roots healthier and stronger to prevent hair loss. You can apply aloe vera gel on your scalp 2-3 times per week to see visible results.
- Indian Gooseberry – Indian gooseberry or amla is very effective to treat hair-related problems, especially hair fall. As amla is loaded with vitamins and minerals, it helps in preventing hair thinning and graying as well. You can either consume amla juice or amla powder daily to see visible results. Furthermore, you can also apply a combination of amla powder and shampoo on the scalp.
- Burdock – The oil derived from the burdock tree’s root is an amazingly effective remedy for hair fall. This because the burdock’s root oil is filled with vitamins and essential fatty acids. Thus, it helps to detoxify and nourish the scalp & hair follicles. Moreover, it helps in reducing itchiness and dandruff from the scalp. You can also mix other hair-friendly essential oil with burdock oil to enhance its benefits.
- Sage – Due to the antiseptic nature, sage is great for treating hair-related problems like hair fall, graying, and thinning. Moreover, the antioxidants in sage help to make the healthy scalp and hair roots healthier. Sage is even considered to be very effective for growing new hairs by treating problems like alopecia. Boil a few sage leaves in water and wash your head using it to get the benefits.
- Soap Nuts – Soap Nuts or Reetha is a traditional Indian remedy for hair problems like hair fall. Reetha is known for its antifungal & antibacterial properties, which help in keeping hair healthy and shiny. Moreover, Reetha can help in restoring your hair health by balancing pH levels of the scalp. Boil soap nuts in water and use it to wash your head 2-3 times per week.
- Saw Palmetto – Excessive production of a hormone called Dihydrotestosterone or DHT is one of the most common causes of hair fall. Saw Palmetto is medically proven to protect the hair follicles receptors from being destroyed by the DHT. Thus, it helps in keeping the hair stronger from the roots and promotes the growth of new hairs. By applying a combination of olive oil and saw palmetto on your scalp, you can easily reduce hair fall.
- Neem – For ages, neem has been used to treat various hair and skin problems. This is because of the antifungal, anti-inflammatory, and antiseptic properties possessed by this herbal plant. As a result, it helps in preventing problems like hair loss, hair graying, and hair thinning. For best results, boil a few neem leaves in water or mix neem powder in shampoo to wash your scalp.
- Rosemary – Rosemary is best known for its nutritional benefits, detoxifying nature, and inflammatory properties. For ages, it has been used to treat hair-related problems like hair loss, graying, thinning, and baldness. Rosemary provides proper nutrition to the scalp and hair roots, which keeps hair healthy & strong. Apply a combination of rosemary and olive oil on scalp 2-3 times a week to see visible results.
- Hibiscus – Last but not least, hibiscus is an amazingly effective herbal remedy for hair loss. The presence of antioxidants and vitamins to reduce hair fall in hibiscus is what makes this herb great for hair health. It can keep your scalp healthy by eliminating dandruff and opening clogged pores to boost hair growth. Apply a combination of hibiscus and olive oil on scalp two times a week to get visible results.Advertisement
Dandruff treatment at home
Best Natural Remedies For Dandruff
The best natural remedies for dandruff that will surely provide you with visible results are listed below.
- Coconut Oil – Coconut oil is an antifungal remedy, which helps in treating scalp problems that cause dandruff. Thus, the regular application of coconut oil can keep your scalp dandruff-free. You can apply coconut oil on the scalp and massage it for a few minutes. After an hour or two, you can wash it off with a gentle shampoo.
- Tea Tree & Coconut Oil – Tree tea oil and coconut oil are both antifungal in nature, which is why they help in treating hair-related problems. Regular application of these oils on the scalp can easily eradicate dandruff. Combine both oils in an equal amount and massage the mixture on your scalp 2-3 times weekly.
- Aloe Vera – Aloe vera is one of the oldest and most effective remedies for dandruff and hair loss. The antifungal and antimicrobial nature of aloe vera helps in the regulation of the scalp’s pH levels to remove itchy flakes. You can apply aloe vera gel directly on your scalp and massage for a few minutes. After an hour or two, you can use a gentle shampoo to wash it off.
- Onion Juice – The presence of phytochemicals in the onion juice is medically proven to treat dandruff and various other hair problems. Moreover, it helps in preventing the reappearance of dandruff in the future as well. You can blend a small onion and strain the juice out of it. Apply it on your scalp and wash after 1-2 hours with a mild shampoo.
- Neem – Neem is best known for its antibacterial and antifungal properties, which help in preventing skin & hair problems. Thus, neem is a great remedy for getting rid of stubborn dandruff and itchy flakes from the scalp. To use it, you can boil a few neem leaves in water and wash your head with it.
- Vinegar – Due to its acidic, antifungal, and antibacterial nature, vinegar is an excellent remedy for dandruff. Vinegar can help in reducing the itchiness, flaking, and dryness of the scalp. To use it, mix equal amounts of vinegar and water on your scalp before bed to get rid of dandruff.
- Aspirin – The presence of salicylic acid in aspirin is what makes it an effective remedy for dandruff treatment. Salicylic acid is one of the key ingredients in hair care products like shampoos and conditioners. Thus, it helps in removing the stubborn flakes and dandruff from the scalp. Crush two aspirin tablets and mix the powder in shampoo before applying it into the hair.
- Garlic – Garlic is one of the best natural remedies for eliminating dandruff from the scalp. The antifungal qualities of garlic help in treating dandruff-causing fungal infections. Crush a few garlic cloves into olive oil and heat it for a few minutes. After that, apply it on your scalp and wash after 30-60 minutes.
- Baking Soda – Baking soda is one of the best remedies for scrubbing and exfoliation of the scalp. Moreover, it is antifungal in nature, which is why it helps to remove stubborn dandruff from the scalp easily. Apply a mixture of baking soda powder and shampoo on your scalp before washing it off.
- Lemon Juice – Due to the acidic and antifungal properties of freshly squeezed lemon juice, it is very effective for dandruff treatment. Moreover, it helps in cleaning the scalp completely and adds freshness to it. You can apply freshly squeezed lemon juice on your scalp daily and wash it off with water after a few hours.
That’s a wrap!
So these were the best home remedies for hair fall and dandruff treatment. Whichever remedies you find suitable, you can use them to keep your hair strong & shiny. Also, remember that your diet & exercise also play a very crucial role in the preservation of your hair health. Thus, you need to combine a healthy diet and exercise with these remedies to get the best results in lesser time. For queries or suggestions, feel free to write below in the comments section or email us.