Overnight Face Masks For Glowing Skin
In today’s time, the whole world’s environment suffers from pollution, dirt, and other harmful agents. All these environmental elements can affect the quality of our skin negatively. Thus, it’s high time for everyone to start taking care of their skin. However, people always look for easy and convenient ways like skincare products and cosmetics. While these may offer instant results, yet they’re harmful to the skin in the long run. For this reason, you need to use natural remedies that people are using for centuries. To help you better, here we will check out the 7 best homemade overnight facemasks for glowing skin.
What Does ‘Overnight Facemask’ Mean?
You are well aware of the term facemask, as you may have used orange peel or charcoal facemasks. You need to keep these on for 15-45 minutes, depending upon the instructions. In the case of overnight facemasks, you need to apply them before going to bed. Thus, you will leave them on overnight and rinse them off the next day. These facemasks help to improve skin health while you’re sleeping and .
Honey Avocado Facemask
Ingredients – 1 tsp Natural Honey, ¼ Mashed Avocado, 3-4 Vitamin E Capsules
If you want glowing and moisturized skin, then this is one of the best homemade facemasks. You can prepare the honey avocado facemask using natural ingredients like vitamin E oil, avocado, and honey.
Honey is well-renowned for its moisturizing and soothing properties. Furthermore, it contains antioxidants that protect the skin from harmful bacteria and inflammation. Also, it helps to brighten and improve overall skin health. Vitamin E is also medically proven to contain antioxidants and UV protection. Last but not least, Avocados are a great source of skin-friendly nutrients and moisturizing properties and get Overnight Face Masks For Glowing Skin.
- Put all three ingredients in a small bowl and mix them thoroughly to create a smooth paste.
- Wash your face and neck using lukewarm water and pat dry.
- Apply the mixture evenly on your face and neck using a cotton ball or fingertips.
- In the morning, wash your face using lukewarm water and pat dry with a cotton towel.
- Apply your regular moisturizing cream or sunscreen lotion before going out.
Turmeric Milk Facemask
Ingredients – 2 tbsp Milk, 1 tbsp Turmeric Powder
The turmeric milk facemask is one of the most effective overnight facemasks for clear and glowing skin. For years, people have been using turmeric as a remedy for various skin problems. It’s because turmeric offers antiseptic and antibacterial benefits. These properties help boost skin healing while protecting it from harmful agents. Furthermore, several medical research studies link turmeric with scar removal and psoriasis treatment.
On the other hand, milk is an excellent source of lactic acid that brightens and moisturizes the skin. Also, milk helps to fight off the acne-causing bacteria while cleansing the pores. Thus, it prevents acne and inflammation to provide you with soft and clear skin and get Overnight Face Masks For Glowing Skin.
- Add both the ingredients to a small bowl and mix them thoroughly to create a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste evenly to your face and neck before going to bed.
- The next day, rinse using cold water and pat dry with a cotton towel.
- Before going out, use your regular moisturizer or sunscreen lotion.
- Use this face mask twice or thrice a week for the best results.
Green Tea Potato Juice Facemask
Ingredients – 1 tbsp Green Tea, 1 tbsp Raw Potato Juice
The overnight facemask prepared using green tea & potato juice offers an immense number of benefits. Potato Juice is an excellent source of Vitamin A, B, and C, along with anti-inflammatory properties. Thus, it helps to solve skin problems like scars, dark spots, and pigmentation. On the other hand, green tea is a powerhouse of antioxidants and catechins. Green tea offers several benefits like acne prevention, DNA repair, anti-aging, skin cancer prevention, and skin oil control.
- Wash a fresh potato and grate it to get the juice out of it.
- Boil some water and put two green tea bags into it. Let it cool down for a bit.
- Now mix 1 tbsp each of potato juice and green tea in a small bowl.
- Wash your face using cold water. Apply the mixture evenly to your face and neck using a cotton ball before going to bed.
- The next day, wash your face with your regular moisturizing face wash before going out.
- Use this facemask twice or thrice a week for the best results.
Lemon Almond Oil Facemask
Ingredients – 1 tbsp Lemon Juice, 1 tbsp Almond Oil
Lemon & Almond Oil facemask is one of the most effective solutions for glowing skin. Lemon juice is well-renowned for its antioxidants, antifungal, astringent and antimicrobial properties. Thus, it helps to treat acne, lighten skin, and prevent skin problems like psoriasis.
Almond oil is an excellent source of vitamin E and A. Several medical studies link almond oil with several skin benefits apart from glowing skin. These benefits include dark circles removal, skin hydration, acne treatment, scar removal, and reversing sun damage.
- Wash your face using cold water to remove all the oil and dirt.
- Add 1 tbsp each of lemon juice and almond oil in a small bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Use a cotton ball to apply the mixture evenly all over your face and neck at night.
- When you wake up, rinse the facemask off using water and moisturizing face wash.
- Apply this facemask 2-3 times a week for better results.
Lemon Honey Facemask
Ingredients – 2 tbsp Lemon Juice, 1 tbsp Honey
Lemon Juice & Honey facemask is another gem in the list of best overnight masks for glowing skin. Firstly, lemon offers vitamin C, antioxidants, antimicrobial, antifungal, and astringent benefits to the skin. Thus, it’s medically acknowledged to prevent acne, boost skin lightening, treat psoriasis, and excess oil removal.
Honey is known for its anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, and antibacterial properties. Therefore, it helps to lighten, moisturize, and exfoliate the skin. Also, it’s an effective remedy for acne, skin infections, wrinkles, and scar removal.
- Add both the ingredients to a small bowl and mix thoroughly using a spoon.
- Before going to bed, apply the mixture all over your face and neck with a cotton ball.
- Wash using cold water the next day.
- Apply your moisturizer or sunscreen before heading out.
- Use this facemask 3-4 times a week for excellent results.
Aloe Vera Vitamin E Facemask
Ingredients – 1 tbsp Aloe Vera Gel, 1 tbsp Vitamin E Oil
Aloe Vera is one of the oldest remedies that people still use for skin and hair-related problems. It’s mainly because aloe vera possesses cooling and anti-inflammatory properties. Thus, it helps in alleviating sunburns, skin hydration, healing wounds, and slow aging signs. Furthermore, it also lightens skin tone, fights acne, treats skin infections, and removes blemishes.
Vitamin E oil is an excellent skin remedy as well as a natural skin care product. Several medical studies link Vitamin E oil with lightening scars and blemishes. Furthermore, it also helps to hydrate the skin, heal wounds, alleviate itchiness, and fight aging signs. Also, it helps to prevent skin problems like psoriasis, eczema, and cancer.
- Put both the ingredients in a small bowl and mix thoroughly using a spoon.
- Before going to bed, apply the mixture all over your face and neck with a cotton bowl.
- Wash the facemask off using cold water the next day.
- Use this facemask every other day for the best results.
Ingredients – Half Cucumber’s Juice
Last but not least, the Cucumber facemask is one of the simplest yet highly effective overnight masks. It’s because cucumber possesses moisturizing, cooling, and skin-lightening properties. Thus, it helps to improve the skin glow while reducing dark circles and wrinkles. Furthermore, it’s also an excellent remedy for skin inflammation, sunburns, and acne and get Overnight Face Masks For Glowing Skin.
- In a small bowl, extract juice from half a cucumber.
- Wash your face using cold water to remove all the dirt and impurities.
- Use a cotton ball to apply the cucumber juice all over your face and neck.
- When you wake up, wash off using cold water. Apply your moisturizer or sunscreen before heading out.
- Use this facemask daily for the best results.
The Bottom Line!
So these are the seven incredibly effective homemade overnight facemasks for glowing skin. Along with the regular application of these facemasks, you all need to eat healthy foods for the best results. It’s because the foods you consume also affect the quality and health of your skin. Thus, it’s better to contact a licensed dietitian to get the best custom diet plan for you.